This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: Waltham House, Louth Road, New Waltham, Grimsby DN36 4RY.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
We collect different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our service to you.
While using our website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information how the website is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
A “cookie” is a small text file that’s stored on your computer, tablet or phone when you visit a website.
Some cookies are deleted when you close down your browser. These are known as session cookies. Others remain on your device until they expire or you delete them from your cache. These are known as persistent cookies and enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor.
- Monitor your use on our website and gather analytics to help us improve your browsing experience
- Remember your preferences to personalise your visit
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website
- Personalise our website and display information relevant to you
- Help us improve the usability of our website
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
Cookies on this website
|__utma||Used to determine unique visitors of this website, the cookie is updated with each page view.||2 years from set/update.|
|__utmb||Used to established and continue a session with the website.||30 minutes from set/update.|
|__utmz||Stores how you reached the website such as a website search engine, email link etc.||6 months from set/update.|
|__utmx||This cookie is used to help us test and experiment with different looks/styles of our website. This is only set when required.||2 years from set/update.|
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records
- To improve the products and services we provide
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To customise the website for you
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons
Controlling your data
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from our third-party partners by email, telephone, text message or post
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Write to us at: Waltham House, Louth Road, New Waltham, Grimsby DN36 4RY
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission.
However, there are special situations in which we may need to share access to your Personal Information without your explicit consent. For example;
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the website
- To protect the personal safety of users of the website or the public
- To protect against legal liability
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. An admin fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Waltham House, Louth Road, New Waltham, Grimsby DN36 4RY.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the www.waltham-house.co.uk domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.